Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yum Cha, Watamolla, and gorging.

Last weekend we had a day-o-fun with our friends Joanne and Ivan.  We started out the day with Yum Cha at an extremely overpriced and mediocre Chinese restaurant.  We still love you, Joanne, for your noble effort to introduce us to the wonderful world that is Yum Cha.  May Clark and I learn to appreciate it in the future at a less expensive mediocre restaurant that doesn't charge each individual for that damn tiny tea cup.  

Aren't they cute? Our dear friends, Joanne and Ivan.

I was hoping Joanne would capture the ambiance, but she seemed just to focus on our faces.

After our Yum Cha experience, we drove into the Royal National Park for a little hiking action.  We did the Watamolla hike to Marley Beach, only we didn't quite make it to the beach.  Clark and I were limited on time. We overbooked our day and had to meet up with a Russian couple from church for dinner.  Dang, we are just so popular.

The first part of the walk we trekked through bush.  I. Don't. Like. Bush.  Luckily, this part of the hike only lasted about 10 minutes. 

Ohhhh, such clear water!

Clark and Ivan...posing.

Ahhhh, that gosh darn rugged Australian coastline I love so much!

Photo-bombing what would have been a really nice picture of Clark and Ivan.

Gorgeous.

Enjoying the view from the edge of the cliff.

Don't let her face fool you.  Joanne also liked enjoying the views from the cliff edge.  

Unbelievable colors.

The closest we came to Marley Beach.  I don't feel too bad about having to turn back so soon.  It was pretty chilly.

Rachel + Clarkman

Some more of the gosh darn coastline.

I'm not quite sure what Clark is doing, but look at those colors!  

So bright and so vivid!

Mid air showing off what appears to be a semi-graceful leap.  Thank goodness I didn't break anything.  After working in the public hospital system, I know I never want to be a patient here!

Sadly, we had to leave this wonderful part of the Royal National Park.  Good-bye coastline.

Hope to see you again really soon!

Oh, and our Russian meal with our Russian friends was amazing.  And then afterwards we bought a couple of pizzas and went over to Ivan and Joanne's for a movie.  (We may or may not gorge ourselves quite often in this country.  Healthy habits to begin in Philly, in August, TBA. )  
What an awesome day.

3 comments:

Stephanie Tobler said...

Your pictures are breathtaking! I can't imagine what it must look like first hand. What an adventure!

The Mom Tobler said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.!!!

Janet said...

Wow the colors in the rock are amazing!
Love following the adventure you are on :)!