Friday, July 22, 2011

Fail.

In our attempt to be righteous, we did not succeed.  Clark and I had it all planned out.  We would leave our apartment at a specified time and take three different trains to Carlingford, the closest train station to the Sydney Temple, and walk another 15 minutes to arrive at the Temple doors.  A total travel time of about 2 hours one way (meaning over 4 hours both ways).  Only when we got to the doors they were locked.  They didn't want none of our Americana-ness inside the House of the Lord.  

Actually, it turns out that the Temple is only opened in the morning and in the evenings, not during the middle of the day when we decided to go.  Guess I didn't check the schedule properly on the website.  A total fail.  And a lot of train riding for not a whole lot of action.


Maybe next time?  
If there is a next time...time is running out!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hope you get another shot at it! Chad & I did a similar thing and the temple was closed for cleaning the difference is it was only an hour away in our car.

Em and Ms said...

That's frustrating! I think you at least get points for trying :)