Last weekend I joined several ladies from our church to attend the Time Out for Women tour presented by the Deseret Book Company here in Sydney.
Now, I'm typically not the type of person who wants to go to these events but somehow I found myself telling a lady at church that I would be glad to buy an extra ticket from her. And so it happened that I invested money in an event that I wasn't really interested in attending.
But I am so glad I did.
It was so uplifting and such a breath of fresh air. Waking up at 6 am to travel to the Olympic Park for the event was definitely worth it! All of the presenters were so earnest and personal, and they made me realize that I have great potential as a person, and especially as a woman. The speakers were Laurel Christensen, Virginia Pearce, Brad Wilcox and Sheri Dew. Hilary Weeks also introduced each speaker and performed many songs that I'm sad to admit I'm not familiar with. Each of these five individuals had fantastic messages to share. If Time Out For Women stops by your city, I would definitely suggest checking it out. And that's all I have to say about that.
Love me some free stuff! I'm lame, I only took three pictures the entire day and didn't even bring the DSLR.
Location of the event, at the Sydney Olympic Park.
Inside the venue.
3 comments:
Laurel Christensen spoke at our girl's camp this year. She was an amazing speaker.
I'm glad you got to go...even if you didn't know what you were going to.
Gives me motivation to go to one...I kinda felt the same way like you. But everyone that goes to one always says how wonderful they are...maybe next year Kim, you and I can go to one together!
Glad it was great :)
Janet, that sounds like a great plan!
Post a Comment