Things we are excited for in Pasco:
-family
-Clark meeting extended family
-meeting my sister's newest little teeny tiny addition (hopefully she pops out soon!)
-Griggs
-taco trucks galore
-Viera's Bakery
-the river
Things we aren't excited for in Pasco:
-the funeral (I've only been to one funeral before, and that was 12 years ago)
-sad faces
-wind
-possibly running in to people from high school that I don't care to see (can anyone else relate?)
Clark wanted me to let everyone know that he is junking out: he recently sold his childhood AMF bicycle and his tires/rims. He sold the bike almost immediately and is still getting emails about it--nearly a month later. Lesson learned: start high in price and decrease as necessary. He could have gotten way more than $40 for that bike. But at least we have extra space in our apartment.
Lately I've been trying to ameliorate my vocabulary (it's working!). I bought this box o words and started going through them last week. I'm about 1/5 the way through. Hopefully I'll be ready for the GRE this fall! I've had a huge fear of standardized tests since high school. The NCLEX went extremely well so hopefully I'll fare well on this one, too. But knowing my luck, I won't see a single word I study on the test. Go figure.
Words I want to start incorporating into daily life:
-castigate (different from castrate...)
-bevy
-abstemious
-amalgamate
-burgeon
-convoluted
...just to name a few. As you can see, the words all start at the beginning of the alphabet...I haven't gotten farther than the "D" words yet. (And yes, I have heard these words before, but it is so nice to now know their meanings!)
Here are some mugshots we had taken for an upcoming language test...they crack me up! Clark's neck is thick football playa style and he really looks like he just got into trouble. And my hair is all scraggly and I have a somewhat confused look on my face. I sure wish they would let you smile for these pics. (If you think this one is bad, my passport photo is even worse.)
That's about it for now folks. Clark is at work and I'm all alone...and I can't watch Man v.Food without him...that wouldn't be right. What to do, what to do?
5 comments:
I'm sorry about your Grandpa. It is always great to get together with family, though, for sure!
And I can totally relate to not wanting to run into people from HS. One of the reasons I will most likely never live in the TC. Close would be nice, but not actually living there...
Wishing you safe travels!
Amen, Nicole! AMEN!
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hope you have a good trip and lots of fun family time.
Sorry to hear about your grandpa, but that's great that your family is all coming. Funny, every time I go back to TC I never see anyone from high school. Even people I wouldn't mind running into! Next time you should try hiking the Y in Provo--much more challenging!
Sorry to hear about your gpa. Hope you have a good trip home. Let me know I'd you have any spare time (I don't expect you will). And yes, one of the down falls of being home is seeing people I'd rather not. Being by fam def makes it worth it tho :)
Post a Comment