Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bittersweet trip to Pasco. Ok... it was pretty sweet.

Last week Clark and I went to Pasco for my grandfather's memorial service. It was touching and sincere; a great celebration of life. He will be deeply missed.

In addition to the service, Clark and I got to spend loads of time with family and loads of time on the farm. We actually flew in on Wednesday June 9th, 12 hours after my sister gave birth to her third child, a sweet girl named Teya Grace!

I've never held a 12 hour old baby. It was awkward and exciting all at once. I love my sister, she is such a good mother and I'm so proud of her for having her third child without an epidural. In her opinion, it wasn't worth it. Her advice: ALWAYS get an epidural. Sounds like a plan to me.

Katie and Ty and Teya Grace. Ty HATES pictures. I can't belive I got a 1/4 smile out of him!
Sisters.
My Dad's sister made this sign when she was in elementary school. He now has in on the farm.
Cute Cole enjoying whipping cream.
Dad was nice enough to take us on a fire engine ride. Clark and I have never been in a fire truck. We were as excited as kindergartners.
The Eltopia fire chief himself.
A beautiful Washington sunset from my parents house. I just love this farm.
Scott and Dagmara have an indescribable affinity towards IHOP. So of course we joined them for breakfast one morning. Or was it afternoon?

Baby Teya sleeping.
Tiny little fingers!
Taking Cole for a "Mo-mo" ride.
Scott's a little nervous...
Lucky Teya, everyone wants to hold her.
Dad taking us for ultralight rides.
What a nerd ;)
Clark taking a ride.
Grandpa's Memorial Service.
Cousins Kyle and Megan, and Kyle's fiancee Christina. It was so SO good to see my extended family!
Really, Cedar?
Trying to look sharp.
My Dad with his three sisters and their cousins.
Clark striking his famous pose near my Dad's tractor.
Enjoying the company of family.
Enjoying the cute little ones I wish I could see every day.
Enjoying a taco truck late one night. Dagmara was circumspect of the surroundings. When we drove up she said, "We're not going to get shot, are we?"
I wish I could see my sisters every day.
Cole is such a happy little guy.
Family picture! It took many a try for everyone to be looking. Except Cole. He decided not to look when everyone else did.
Active child.
Scott and Cedar having a height-off. I think Scott still wins. Sorry, Cedar.
Teya and Mom.

Enjoying over sized marsh mellows during dusk.
Chase was able to conquer two.
Cole yelling "Cheeeeeeeese!"
At least our next visit will be under better circumstances. I love seeing my family and I love the peacefullness of the country. Sometimes distance is tough but I honestly cherish the times I get to spend with my family. It's unfortunate that both my family and Clark's family are scattered all over the place. Why doesn't everyone just move to Utah?

Just kidding.

4 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...

It looks like you had a great visit. I love the Pasco sunset...I miss those.

The Boones said...

Looks like you had a great time! how wonderful!

Ashleigh said...

I know what you mean, it sucks having family spread all over. My parents moved from pasco right after graduating from high school. I only have 1 sister left in pasco, everyone else is all across the country. It can be hard but we have so much fun when we do all get together. By the way, I guess my little brother Jordan who is on a mission is in Clarks parents ward or was. It is a small world!

Amy S said...

Looks like you had a blast! I'm glad you were able to do so much with your fam during your time home. Your sister's baby is adorable!