I have the worst head ache right now. And I could come back to this tomorrow but I know I'll find something else to do or watch (I hear Dexter is pretty good) and I will continue to neglect this blog. I have been a terrible blogger lately. For my three faithful followers, I do apologize. I hope these following pictures and captions make up for my lack of motivation. We'll start to get out and do more when the people who make our schedules finally decide to schedule us on the same nights. This crap is getting really lame, REALLY fast. Another reason I despise Utah, and it isn't even Utah's fault. Blast...
I had to throw this picture in. When I made turkey burgers and sweet potato fries the other night I noticed that it looked like a face. HA! I didn't even mean to do that. And we've been rocking huge beer mugs lately, minus the beer. Reminiscent of Germany, of simpler times, of not being grown up with grown up responsibilities. Have I mentioned lately that I don't like being grown up?

So I ran the Salt Lake Half Marathon the other weekend. Clark will be pissed if I don't blog about it (not just angry, but pissed) so I am now doing so. I ran it in my best time to date: 1:21.56.
I look so happy and chipper at roughly 6:50 am. Functioning on four hours of sleep.

The start of the race at Legacy Bridge.

Finishing at the Gateway. Fourth female finisher, 19
th overall. I need to start running in small town races. I need some wins under my belt to bolster my confidence.

Collecting my post race goodies and body fuel. Cannot believe how nice the day turned out to be.

You wouldn't know it, but we're actually sitting in a McDonald's drive-
thru after the race. Clark was "treating" me to breakfast after my new personal record.

Just the other day my good friend Heather from AZ dropped by, so we hit up Spoon Me frozen yogurt! I look sick and tired in this picture because I really was sick and tired. But it was so good to see a familiar face!

This is me later that same night before Clark had a "night out with the guys."

And this is what I did while Clark was out with the guys. Nasty mildew-y tile, I know. No amount of cleaning can get rid of it.

The other night Clark and I hosted
MEGAFEAST and invited some friends over to partake of some ridiculously tasty fried chicken, twice baked potatoes and beef brisket. Here is the master chef who prepared every last chicken strip and potato and stringy piece of brisket. I did absolutely
nada. And no, he's not gangsta, just trying to keep his luscious
locks out of the food.

Literally hours and hours of preparation went in to
MEGAFEAST.

He is so talented and amazing:)
MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm
These baked potatoes may look dull and boring here

but they sure do look shiny and tasty and voluptuous here.

I didn't get pictures of the actual feasting part of the night or of the
Foosball tournament, but we had a good time.
I'm considering investigating some recipes online that Clark and I may really like (any ideas?). I need to become more domesticated than he is. It just isn't fair.
2 comments:
Congrats on the race Rachel, it's awesome. Yay on donating blood too. Someone out there thanks you for braving it. :) Clark is a major cook eh?? Looks delish!
Guess we know who's cooking at the next Tobler gathering!
Great job on donating blood and running another half marathon--I don't think I'll do either in my lifetime. I'd rather live those experiences vicariously through you!
Post a Comment