Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blonde Ambition

Months and months ago I decided I wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love and go blonde. I was blonde 4 years ago, and I loved it. It only lasted six months though since I was under financial constraints as a college student. So last night I made the big change.

The Before Picture (Please just take note of the length, not the fact that I just rolled out of bed)



My locks of Love



The After Picture



Wait, who's that hottie? Definitely not me.

There will be no pictures of me with the "new do."

The cut is fine but I am extremely depressed about the color. I asked for BLONDE. Not dirty. It's way too streaky and you can hardly see the blonde. What do I do now???

This is the blonde I was going for, the blonde I surely did not end up with.



I think I deserve my very own personal carton of ice cream. That can always cheer me up.

7 comments:

Em and Ms said...

That stinks when your hair doesn't turn out how you want. Usually a hairdresser will fix it though--and take in the picture to show.

Riggs Familia said...

what?! so I'm appauled that you didn't even put up a single pic of it! sorry that it wasn't exactly as you wanted, I hate that. But I bet it's still cute on you!

Ashleigh said...

I want to see a picture of you as a blonde babe. You must post a picture as soon as it gets fixed. I bet it is still cute! How do you like the new length? Your hair was so long! I love chopping my hair off, its especailly fun for the summer and the heat of arizona.

The Carnahan Family said...

You look good when you wake up!

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

good for you...locks of love is a really neat organization. i've thought about donating too, only my hair's too full of chemicals;). maybe you can go back to your hairdresser and ask him/her to fix it if it's totally not what you want?

Kelsey said...

I agree with Em- go back and have her fix it. We want to see pictures!

Dagmara Ellison said...

I don't think the color is bad at all, Rachel. However, I totally understand how you feel...I got home crying couple of times from a salon too! Now, thanks to my friend, (I learned it the hard way) I know that you have to say when the haircut/color is not what you wanted immediately! They have to fix it right there, because they did it wrong and you are not happy about it. There is nothing wrong with it, especially when you explained exactly how you wanted it. Also, you can have it fixed anytime. I did it once back in Germany too. I wanted blond highlights and she made them orange!!! I cried! 2 days later I went to a different salon, explained what happened and they did the highlights again, without damaging my hair at all. It was the best color I've ever had! Every cloud has a silver lining. Maybe thanks to this, your new blond color will be beyond your expectations, since they will have to color/bleach your already once colored/bleached hair...Good luck Rachel! I like it already!