Friday, June 5, 2009

My Little Cyclist

For the past year and a half I have forsaken my awesome road bike. After my collegiate running career ended, I bought a bike in order to do triathlons. After only a couple of triathlons I decided I couldn't hack the swimming portion of the race and decided to once again focus primarily on running. So my bike got the shaft for a loooooooong time, the tires went flat and it collected dust.

Now, however, Clark has decided that he wants to start cycling. We went out and bought some cleats and he transferred the clips that were on my cleats to his. He practiced clipping in and out while holding onto a wall. He didn't seem to get the hang of it at first which gave me high anxiety. He wanted to go out and try out the cleats at midnight--which I have no problem with--but I was fearful for his safety. I specifically told him to clip out BEFORE he stops; I didn't want to have an emergency room situation on my hands. So he went outside and he had a couple of practice rides up and down our street. The second time he forgot to clip out before he stopped and toppled over. I have a tendency to overreact but luckily very little harm was done. He practiced a few times and now I think it is safe to say he has the hang of it.







Happy riding Clark!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

sweet bike! I want a road bike soo bad! If I were more serious into biking a would definetly be getting one. I had to settle for a hybrid type of bike. It will work for what I am doing but I wish so badly that I could afford a road bike. Good for Clark. I have never ridden a bike with the click in shoes and peddals. It sounds hard.
I would probably fall on my face!