Saturday, August 30, 2008

One Great Recipe

I made this recipe the other night. I don't even pretend to be a great cook (Clark actually has the gift) but Clark and I both agreed that this dish turned out fantastic. And the best part is that it is SO simple. here is the link:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Garlic-Red-Potatoes/Detail.aspx

there is also a spinach and leek soup recipe I will have to find and post. it is unbelievably good. my mother even liked it, and she happens to be the hardest woman to please.

Also, in other news, we should be closing on the house this Friday....keep your fingers crossed! The selling bank has been such a hassle to work with but hopefully we will seal the deal by Friday. If, for some reason, we are unable to close, I am going to take that as a HUGE sign that God really doesn't want us to have the house after all....

2 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Yum--I'm going to have to try those potatoes. We can definitely relate to the frustrations of buying a house. It took us over 2 months to close and there were many times we really didn't think it was going to happen. We also had a house a few months ago that we didn't end up buying. It's stressful and frustrating, but you're right. If it's where you're supposed to be somehow it will all come together. Sometimes our faith is just tried first. Hopefully this one does work out and it'll be great! Keep us posted on what happens.

Kelsey said...

You'll definetly have to post the soup recipe, it sounds really good too. I hope you guys get your house. I wish you the best of luck!