So maybe this title is a little more dramatic than necessary. I actually have a funny story to share and I am not surprised in the least that this particular incident happened to both Clark and I. Well Clark and I find it humorous at least.
Preface: Clark and I share a full sized bed. Yes, I know, it is ridiculous and no married couple should ever have to sleep on a full sized bed together. So why are we doing this? Because Clark said I couldn't purchase a new bed until we move out and find a bigger place. I'm content with that decision even though I am not allowed to spread out like a starfish (that's what Clark calls it) on this full sized bed. So when Clark moved in I knew we would have twice as much crap in this tiny apartment and no place to store it so I found some brand new bed risers on craigslist and purchased them for $10. (Made the transaction at the back of a Home Depot parking lot. ) That way we could shove a lot of stuff under the bed. Now the full sized bed is just on a simple metal bed frame and I took the wheels off the frame because once I put the risers on I realized that the bed was sliding around way too much. See pictures below. Anyway, on with the story...

This little incident happened yesterday morning around 6:45 am. I can hardly function at that time in the morning (unless I'm at work) so I am surprised I remember this situation. Every time Clark repositions himself and moves I stir and wake up a little. Well this particular morning Clark turned, I believe from laying on his right side to his left side, and immediately when he turned we both felt the bed give way and sink about 3 inches, accompanied by a super load crunching noise! We both were like "what was that?" and got up and Clark took a look at the bed where it had sunk and said all groggy and still half asleep, "The frame broke through the riser." Somehow our metal bed frame leg had managed to tear its way through a super thick plastic bed riser that is supposed to hold upwards of 500 pounds or so! I was so tired all I said was "lets just worry about it later." and we got back in bed and slept until the alarm went off. So apparently we both weigh enough to break a bed.
Then like 30 minutes later the alarm went off for Clark to get up. He got ready for school and right before he left he came in a work me up because he had "lost" his wallet and keys!
We still haven't fixed the bed problem and have actually changed our sleeping arrangement so that we sleep with our heads at the other end of the bed. The bed is still slightly lopsided but at least when we lay down our legs aren't higher than our heads.
3 comments:
That is too funny!!! (well, I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time) I totally agree you guys need to get a Queen or King size bed. Chad & I like our Queen, we are close together but we can separate and have our space when we want too.
Something similar to this happened to us, only we had to fix the bed because it was that bad. Our slats weren't screwed into the frame of our bed so one or two slid out of place & down went the mattress.
Time to upgrade your bed! We heard you guys got sealed over the weekend! Congratulations! We wish we could have been there! You are officially stuck with us forever now!
Post a Comment