One day, back in February, Clark came home from school in Philly and asked if I wanted to go see Everclear.
Me: What, they're coming to Philly?
Clark: No, they're playing at the Valley Forge Casino at the end of March.
Well ok. Saves us a drive into the city, I guess. And I suppose if we wait long enough, all of our favorite bands from the 90's and early 2000's will be playing at casinos and fairgrounds. Right??
I fell in love with Everclear back in middle school. They were my absolute favorite band through high school, until I went to college and realized I could download all sorts of music illegally and expand my musical interests. (Maybe I shouldn't admit this, huh?) Sparkle and Fade was one of my first CD's ever and it has been well loved. I still have it; of course Clark likes to make the distinction between his copy and mine and point out the damage my copy has endured.
We purchased tickets online and sadly were not able to pick up paper tickets from the box office. Come on now, NOBODY likes printing out a ticket. How boring. Concert tickets are sentimental, nostalgic and truly do add authenticity to any concert experience.
We were pretty excited anyway.
Though it is not the original band from my youth (Art Alexakis in the only remaining original member), it was still a good show and they still played a bunch of songs from older albums.
The worst part about the show was it literally only lasted an hour. We were back at home in our pajamas by 10 pm.
2 comments:
A concert and home and in jammies by 10pm sounds perfect to me...in jammies by 9pm might even be better.
How fun!
Post a Comment