Thursday, October 2, 2014

Afternoon outing with Lucia

One rainy afternoon, Clark and I decided to take Lucia to the Houston Museum of Natural Science.  She gets out of school much earlier in the day than Violet, and since Thursdays are free admission to the museum after 2 pm, we decided to give it a go.  
 
Janet had Lucia all prepared.  As counterfeit parents, we don't yet have a good understanding of what a 4 year old needs for a long car ride across the city. 

This little girl was prepared with a goody bag full of squeezable applesauce/fruit, raisins, fruit snacks, and a capri sun.  I kid you not, Lucia had finished off everything by the time we got to the museum.  This little girl definitely inherited the Tobler appetite.
 The shark exhibit...which we did not go through because a. you had to purchase tickets and b. it looked extremely small and underhwhelming. So we just walked through the shark cage instead.

 

The paleontology exhibit was actually very impressive. Lots of dinosaur bones and reconstructed prehistoric animals. 



 The hall of Ancient Egypt was also very cool but we had to rush through this exhibit because it was a little darker and Lucia's attention span was starting to wane.  Also, she got a little frightened of the mummified bodies on display.  Poor thing, maybe this outing was a bit traumatizing for her.

We had a lot of fun bringing Lucia along on our outing.  It's always fun to "play" being parents. On the way back we stopped at Burger King and treated her to a kid's meal.  However, she must have been so full from all the goodies her mother had packed that she neglected most of her food and focused her attention on the toy that came with her meal.
Clark and I definitely look forward to going back so we can go through exhibits in a bit more detail, perhaps sans children.  

2 comments:

Janet said...

THANK YOU for taking her, I know she may not have expressed it but she will look back and remember the fun time she had with her Aunt and Uncle. :)

Stephanie Tobler said...

Viewing things in detail is something that I miss. It's so hard with kiddos. You guys make great counterfeit parents. I really enjoyed this museum when we went.