Saturday, September 14, 2013

Never a Dull Moment

I'm not kidding. There is never a dull moment when we visit Baltimore.  Whether it's just visiting in the kitchen or living room, attempting a day out somewhere in the Baltimore vicinity, we always have a blast with the Baltimore Toblers!

Clark actually had to work on Labor Day, but the Saturday and Sunday leading up to the holiday we decided to drive down to Maryland for some family fun.  We spent Saturday in Antietam, Maryland, where thousands of lives were lost during the Civil War, and on Sunday we visited the Baltimore Museum of Art.  

I got to sit at the children's table, aka the back of the van, sandwiched between between Charlie and Greta on the way to Antietam.  Thus, I was excluded from the adult conversation occurring at front of the vehicle.  So, I did what I could to keep the kids entertained.  I just love how Greta is clinging to my arm in this one. 



And then Greta decided that she wanted me to be as uncomfortable as possible.


Sweet little Georgie wanted in on some fun, too.



Antietam has a Junior Ranger system set up so that kids can complete a package and receive a Junior Ranger badge.  Greta had to complete a Junior Junior Ranger packet and Charlie had to complete a Junior Ranger packet.  Yes, they actually did differ in content and difficulty.  Greta had no difficulty in completing her packet while Charlie on the other hand took a bit longer and there may have been some pouting involved as well. Kim is helping a very attentive Greta finish her packet.

Close up. I just love my little BFF!

The gang.  Clark loves posing for photos, just ask him.



Look who received her Junior Ranger badge!  She's so pleased and excited!


Proud mom Kim, the growing baby bump, and Georgie were so proud of Greta's accomplishment.

Once upon a time, this was a blood stained battlefield. Just hard to visualize, isn't it?

Charlie did it! Antietam's two newest Junior Rangers!

Burnside Bridge, where thousands of Confederate and Union soldiers needlessly lost their lives.

The next day we visited the Baltimore Museum of Art.

Rodin's The Thinker.  The real one is right here in Philly and we still haven't seen it.  Maybe on an upcoming Saturday???

Clark looking sophisticated in the English sporting art room.

A Degas statue. 

Van Gogh.

Now this is ART.

Look at that good looking, ever growing family!




We are sure looking forward to the Baltimore Tobler's visit at the end of the month!  More good times to be had, for sure!

PS, this is my 400th post! Congratulations to me!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Congrats on your 400 post!! So great seeing the Baltimore Tobler's. Love Kim's baby bump and the kids are so cute and so big....wish we lived closer to you all and could join in on the fun! Keep your posts coming, I love reading them.