Saturday, May 18, 2013

I experienced a baby hunger pain recently

Yes, it's true.
And it's not easy for me to admit, being that Clark and I are still probably 2 years out from attempting to try and start a family.  But getting to hold and cuddle my sister's newborn (her fourth child) every day of my visit, I got a little baby hungry.
I mean, how can you not fall in love with those chubby cheeks!?  Maddilyn Jane, Auntie Rachel loves you!

While in Pasco, I threw my sister a baby shower.  It was a post-baby baby shower so her friends could actually meet the pretty little creature that she pushed out of her body.  We also had a successful thrift shop trip to Goodwill, and we went hiking on the Hanford Reach.  I learned how to shoot a child's bow and arrow (way more fun than I anticipated) and got to select some amazing bowls from my father's growing wood turning collection.  But let's be honest. Most of my time was spent at my sister's house  getting some quality cuddle time in with Maddi.

This one had the potential to go on our wall until I looked at it on a computer and noticed how fuzzy it actually is.  Damn. I mean, my Mom does not keep her eyes open in photos very often. This is rare!

Baby shower treats.  Not too shabby of a spread.

Dad getting in some snuggle time with Maddi.

Cole and Chase expertly shooting arrows.

Sometimes Cole needed a bit of assistance.

But not very often.







Teya trying to escape her mother's grasp.


Katie's cat had kittens, too! New babies everywhere!

Cole and Teya giving their little sister some love.

Diaper change without tears.

My sister still looks beautiful even though I know she's exhausted.  She's a wonderful mother, sister and friend.

Dad creating some Argentinian cups on the lathe for a friend. He truly is a man of many talents.


I sure love my family. I love to visit them, and I think they love when I visit, too. Maybe next time Clark will not be chained to his terrible job and be able to join in on the festivities.  And maybe next time Viera's Bakery won't be out of maple bars.

4 comments:

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

Love the photos! Glad you had a fun trip home...you & your fam all look great:)

Janet said...

Looks like it was a wonderful time! And your niece is a cutie :)!! Congrats to your sisters cute family.

Stephanie Tobler said...

What a doll!! Glad you got to get in so many cuddles!

Em and Ms said...

So cute! I bet you will make cute babies too :)