Whether your moving a few blocks, across the country, or to a different country (hey, we've done all three in less than 2 years!), it still sucks the life out of you. It's exhausting and you not only have packing to do, but cleaning and organizing, junking out and justifying.
Now imagine moving into a new place in a hot and humid environment, calling the electric company to have your electricity transferred, and you're told that the power has been SHUT OFF and a technician cannot turn on the power for the next 5 DAYS because that's the soonest a technician will be in your area. We may have experienced a similar-- nay, this exact situation. It's infuriating, let me tell you. Nevertheless, we got through this situation without any tears, which is a miracle on my part. But I did have to restrain myself from calling up the management company and chewing them out for not alerting us that the previous tenants (most likely) moved out weeks ago and shut off the power. How rude.
Moving right along...
Our electricity was turned on a few days ago and it feels heavenly. I will never take electricity for granted again. Cold showers only feel good for so long. We're almost completely unpacked and organized. We are FOR REALS going to invest in a sofa and a tv. FOR REALS. No messing around this time. We have the space, so we might as well make our living room feel like a living room.
Now, for your enjoyment, here are a few photos of our place in disarray:
Living room with french doors. So classy.
Hallway lined with...stuff.
Desperately trying to focus and prepare a Sunday school lesson in 90 degree heat. This did not go over well and we had to seek a cooler environment at our friends' apartment.
Enjoying some Chinese food before the sun sets.
View from our kitchen window. Our balcony and one of the kitchen windows overlooks a community pool. I felt more comfortable taking this photo inside because people probably would have thought I had bad intentions if I had been taking photos from the balcony. If we're still here next summer, we're going to pay the membership fees and join the pool. It stays open late and all the little kiddies go home around 5 pm.
Get ready for a virtual tour of our apartment in the next couple of weeks! Why, you ask? Oh, because nobody loves us and/or wants to visit us. *sniffle, sniffle.* But honestly, I do think some people who may not ever visit might like to see our place. So Clark and I will be your proud tour guides! Just don't judge us if we don't have a sofa or tv by then. We'll get there...
5 comments:
You should get a discount on your rent this month! So not cool of them!
Looks roomy!! Glad you got your power back! I would have gone insane!
Love your place!! You will be visited by the Boston Toblers!
It looks like a nice place. Hope you really like it there. Looking forward to being able to visit.
Ooh! It looks so nice! Where is it? And I understand about the no AC. When we were in Taiwan, there was usually no AC at the school where I worked. Imagine trying to teach with no AC on, on a tropical island nation! Glad it's back on!
Post a Comment