Monday, February 27, 2012

Our foreign visitor

Last week Clark received a surprise facebook message from his former manager in Australia. She has family in Pittsburgh and flew out to PA for a month long holiday.  Being the independent traveler that she is, she traveled to Philly via Megabus for a weekend excursion. And she was kind enough to get in touch with us.  

We picked her up downtown and took her over to Tony Luke's for an authentic cheesesteak. Only, Clark thought American cheese would be synonymous with cheese wiz, and ordered all of our sandwiches incorrectly.  So Juliette didn't even get to enjoy a Philly cheesesteak the way it's supposed to be experienced.  She didn't mind, but I made sure to give Clark a hard time about not clarifying the order with the cashier. Typical guy mistake.

Then, in our continued effort to support Man v. Food featured establishments, we decided to indulge ourselves at the Franklin Fountain.  Now, when the Mount Vesuvius ice cream sundae was presented on Man v. Food, it looked MASSIVE and pretty intimidating for even the most fervent ice cream lover. Since we thought it would be huge, we decided to split the sundae three ways.  Turns out, the Mount Vesuvius isn't so massive after all. I definitely could have handled it on my own. It was tasty, but I'm all about quality AND quantity.  I just expected more, I guess. 



After ice cream we walked around downtown, drove back to the apartment for some quiet time, then returned Juliette to her hotel downtown when it got kind of late.


It's always nice to see a familiar face, and we're so happy she reached out to us while she was here visiting.  We're excited for a couple of other Australian visitors in July!  We are always excited when people want to visit us.

1 comment:

Janet said...

It's so fun to have visitors! Sorry the ice cream was a disappointment.