Sunday, February 26, 2012

Apparently my car has over 300,000 miles. That, and I'm just talking nonsense today.

Hi guys.
Wow. Never did I think I would become such an inconsistent blogger! I blame school entirely.  It's a killer.  Case studies are wearing me down one by one, by one, by one.  But I'm not on here today to blog about school.  I'm here to blog about anything BUT school.  Specifically the dudes at the lube station who claim that I should return for an oil change by May, or when my car reaches 308,000 miles.  What? Really dudes, my car is in the 40,000 mile range, so how did you screw this reminder sticker up so bad? Bad day, I guess. I get it, and I'll let it slide this time around.  But I will have you know that if my car ever reaches 300,000 miles, I will deserve some sort crown or prized jewel along with a reminder sticker.  My Versa ain't never gonna make it close to 300,000.  Frankly, I'm shooting for 140,000.  If she can make it that far, I'll consider it a success.

We really haven't been up to much lately, aside from school and work. I've felt so tied down lately, and with our current schedules, we just can't get away for day trips or weekend trips.  This is unusual for us, since we always make the effort to get out and see things.  It's frustrating to want to explore the surrounding areas, but not be able to due to time constraints.  Being a grown up sometimes really, really sucks.  The good news is, however, that Clark has recently sound some talented musicians to jam with! We are both excited for this opportunity  because he has had the toughest time finding people to play music with since we moved out here.
So what are we looking forward to most this spring?? Welp, spring break is right around the corner and I cannot wait to get out of Philly for a few days!  We'll be heading down to Baltimore and Alexandria, and then on our Anniversary we'll be heading over to the Jersey Shore (the classy part of the Jersey Shore, that is.  I.e. Cape May.) to celebrate year 4 as husband and wife.  I got a killer groupon deal for a bed and breakfast, and I made sure to call right away to stake claim to sweet suite with a whirlpool tub for two.  Rock on. I'm crossing my fingers for decent weather, but I'm not counting on sunshine and 60 degree days.  Today it snowed while I was on my long run. I basically ran into a blizzard, turned around to play it safe, and within 20 minutes the sky had cleared and the sun was out shining. Crazy East coast weather. 

We were at Kohl's the other day trying to find some new kicks for Clark.  In the process, we found him some awesome sweaters/long sleeved shirts, and I found my most favorite novelty tees in the whole wide world.  The first time I saw these were probably two years ago at Kohl's in Vegas.  Each store's inventory must be a slightly different, because I could never find them at other Kohl's stores.  Anywho, these shirts just make me smile.  They are so funny!  Especially if you have an immature sense of humor like myself.  Clark told me I should try on the size small.  I told him I would never wear these types of shirts, I just like them.  He said if I like it I should wear it.  Uh-oh.  Clark, DO NOT buy me these tee shirts.  I WILL NOT wear them.  They are funny and I like to look at them, but I will not wear them on my person.  I'm making this very clear publicly so you know I am serious.

So glad my phone has a decent camera and I can email myself photos. How can you not smile and laugh at this??

Have I mentioned that I am taking a sabbatical from running? I am.  It's the truth.  I'm switching gears and hoping to focus more on weight lifting.  And eating clean. Today was my last long run for at least 9 months.  I'll continue to do short runs a few times a week, but I will primarly be focusing on gaining muscle and getting toned.  Ohhhh yeah.  

Like the title of this post reads, I'm just talking nonsense today. And it's so cathartic!  I'm going to try to be more diligent with my blogging.  Being busy with school is a lame excuse, even if it is true.  

No comments: