Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Max, can you earmuff for me?"

Old School has some of the best one liners. Ever.

It's getting pretty chilly out and I'm starting to come down with something.  You know, when you can feel the glands in your neck start to swell and you just know the impending cold is upon you?  This year, I am REFUSING to get sick.  Our home will be an illness free home.  We just don't have the time. 

I have been taking precautions the last few days.  It's been rainy out so I didn't go running yesterday or this morning. (I've learned that running actually won't cure me and/or make me feel better when I'm sick.  Startling revelation.)  I've been sleeping in.  And, I have been drinking ample amounts of liquids, mainly in the form of tea.  Since I'm not out on my daily run this morning, I'm putting my time to good use.  On ebay.  Looking for earmuffs/ear warmers/anything to keep my head warm that isn't a hat.

I've found some gems:

 She has, like, three heads. This must be warm.   

Oh my awesome.  
I'm gonna go with my gut and say that this over-sized, furry, caterpillar-thing would keep my ears warm even in Siberia.  Probably.

 This seller decided it wasn't important enough to take a clear picture of his/her product.  The bow on the bunny is a nice touch, though.

I have so many options, I don't know how I'll ever make a decision! 

(But for reals, does anyone use the earmuffs that go behind the head, not over the head?  Do they stay in place?  I've also been looking at the uber trendy knit headbands that have the button adjustment in the back.  Are they itchy?  I have a huge issue with things that itch my forehead and ears.  Would appreciate any insight/advice. I'm a long time beanie wearer, looking to expand my horizons and try something new.)

5 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mom Tobler said...

LL Bean. Designed to fold to pocket size, $24.95. You might check Eddie Bauer also.

Dagmara Ellison said...

:-) You crack us up Rachel:-) I've seen smaller earmuffs/ear warmers that would not cause the whole street to stare at you :-) and I think you would look cute in it. They are just a tad bigger than one's ears and are really warm. I almost bought some when in Korea, but really, what was I thinking...I look ridiculous in anything that I put on my huge head. Anyways, you should check those out. The ones that go behind the head are a bit uncomfortable, at least for me. If you are looking for something that does not itch, you might want to stay away from anything made out of wool. I think you look really good in the pink hat you wore for your Xmas picture in Arizona. I think that style really suits you:-)

Janet said...

Rachel drink Emergency like 2 times a day when you feel it coming on... It works really well for me.

Rach and Clark said...

Thanks for the advice, guys. PS, I would NEVER buy any of the earmuffs I posted, I was just being sarcastic about having too many options! they are way, WAAYYYY too outrageous! Jan, have you tried the ear warmers from Eddie Bauer or L.L.Bean, or are you just getting kick backs from them? ;) Dagmara, your head is not huge, it's just a little bit bigger than average. And it's beautiful. Janet, I have to get some still. Costco is so far away!