Monday, November 14, 2011

Another twenty some odd birthday

My twenty some odd birthday was really quite relaxing.  I refused to study.  I was spoiled with gifts from my bff/lover/husband.  I attended church.  I ate awesome pulled pork sandwiches and homemade mac 'n cheese (made by my man).  And I got to enjoy my day with Clark and the Baltimore Toblers.  Don't get much better than that!

My birthday spoils, courtesy of Target.  The kitty cat mug is pretty remarkable.

 Up close: this is one good looking mug of peppermint tea!
I miss you Gretchen, and I will think of you every time I use this mug!

Later in the afternoon we drove over to campus so that Kyle and Kim could walk UPenn's paths and feel the Ivy League spirit that abounds on the sacred campus grounds.  (Honestly, I didn't mean for any of that to rhyme.  I'm just that good.)



Charlie and Greta just don't stay still long enough in bad lighting.  They had a blast running around the university grounds.

It was a super chill, low key birthday.  Exactly the kind of day I've needed since beginning this grad program at Penn.

Until my next twenty some odd birthday...

4 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like it was a great one. Its so nice to take time for yourself and chill. Happy Birthday!

The Mom Tobler said...

Glad you had a relaxing birthday and that the Baltimore Toblers made a visit to make your day a little more festive. Sorry that the lame Las Vegas Toblers kept think that your birthday was Monday.HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Em and Ms said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good time and were spoiled. Already hiding your age? Come on--we're not that old! :)

Brian and Carly said...

Hey Rachel. Looks awesome! Bri actually has an interview at the Wharton school next week! We're super excited. We loved it when we were there last spring.