Saturday, November 5, 2011

Clark's birthday!

We celebrated Clark's twenty-some odd birthday yesterday!  We're in denial about aging, nevertheless, twenty-some odd sounds much nicer than the truth!  I had to spend most of the day in class, but I think I made it up to Clark by taking him out to eat at Baby Blues BBQ here in University City.  It was pretty awesome.  Oh, how I wish I could eat mac n' cheese everyday with every meal.  Clark ordered a rib platter, I ordered a smoked chicken platter.  We both won.

After dinner we drove out to Target so I could buy Clark one of his highly anticipated gifts: a scale (Yes, a scale. Clark has been a running fool lately and his clothes are not fitting.  So naturally he's curious about his current weight).  I'm really not a bad wife, I just didn't have time to run all over town and buy him gifts.  In addition, it's harder than you'd think to sneak out of the house for anything but school when your husband is at home everyday, questioning your every move.  

Here's a couple of photos of Clark with his spoils.  The scale ended up being a dud.  According to this scale, Clark weighs 240 lbs and I weigh 170.  We'll be returning this scale for an electronic one shortly. This old school scale is NOT good for our self esteem!

Notice the Penn hat.  Gotta have my man represent my institution of higher education somehow. I made sure to buy him the style he liked.  The one gift I was sneaky about this year.

And nothing says I love you like a 7 quart crock pot.  
I love you Clark!  So much so that I bought you a crock pot.  For your birthday. 

2 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Isn't it great getting older to the point you actually want household appliances for gifts? You guys are funny. I love the Christmas card pic.

Dagmara Ellison said...

Can't wait for Clark's amazing creations :-) Hope you had a fun night!