Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Black bears don't live in Mississippi!

Just found out today --by reading a friend's blog and scanning her photos of the Ole Miss v. Auburn football game from a month ago-- that Ole Miss changed its mascot from Colonel Reb to the Rebel Black Bear!?

Say what?
  
First off, where have I been for the last year? There was talk of replacing Col. Reb as mascot when I attended Ole Miss back in 2002-2004 (it was very controversial), but I didn't think it would actually happen. Though my response is delayed, I'm really sad about this. Secondly, BLACK BEARS DON'T LIVE IN MISSISSIPPI! This is absolutely absurd, and I completely agree with the image below:

Yup.   

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sad, but true. I love that image! I must say I still like Colonel Reb though I can see how he's not good for the university. Rebel just looks silly.