Welp, we FINALLY made it out into the city on a Saturday! This is a major feat as last Saturday we went to Amish country to meet up with our friend Brandon and the two Saturdays before that we spent in our apartment fighting the fleas.
We decided to hit up the Reading Terminal Market, which is home of Dinic's Roast Pork and Beef. We have been waiting to eat at this establishment since first watching the Philadelphia episode on Man v. Food. The line was probably 70 people deep and wound around the market. Kind of a big deal.
As you can (kind of) see, the market was pretty busy.
Standing in line, anticipating our roast pork sandwiches.
Try to tell me they don't look amazing...
I actually paid the whole extra $.25 and got the pulled pork as opposed to the roast pork. Clark liked my pulled pork better than his roast pork sandwich. But oh my goodness, they were delicious!
We took a stroll outside after eating as we were kind of overwhelmed by the masses. This market was just so packed.
City hall. On the left is the Masonic Temple.
Clark wants the brothers to know that this area including Love Park, which is just North of City Hall and right around the Philadelphia Street Department, is completely skate-proof. Look at them there benches. Ain't no one skating off those! Love Park was once the place for skateboarding, I guess.
Chess pieces and sorry pieces were all over the place.
Loving the LOVE sign. And each other.
And on our walk back to the car we saw a giant paint brush right next to the Philadelphia Academy of Fine Arts.
After our outing, I went to the nursing school building to study (because our internet went out on Friday--of course!) and then walked home and had a relaxing evening with Clark. Aaand I found out I got an A on my first advanced physiology test! This is the only time I will post a grade, because I highly doubt I'll maintain an A average.
All in all, it was a great Saturday. Now we just need to get Clark a job. And maybe get a sofa at some point, too.
2 comments:
Congratulations on your first of...I am sure...many A's.
Fun day. I am anxious to get to explore more of Philly with you. We've only saw the historic district.
It's fun to see your adventures again! Your narrations are hilarious, so it always brightens my day to read your blog. :)
We live about an hour north of Seattle. So yeah - we love it and it's gorgeous up here. I'm glad you think the pictures are great - cause we have a pretty crummy camera that just doesn't do much of anything justice!
Post a Comment