Ok, since I have two sister-in-laws who are currently with child and I am sure more of my sister-in-laws will have future children and some of you blog friends may have kids and want more kids too, I thought I would share some news with y'all. I am just a wealth of knowledge now that I'm back in school.
Not really. But I did think this was an important bit of information to pass on:
DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY REASON, EVER, FOR ANY REASON, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES (Channeling my inner Michael Scott here) USE BUMPERS ON A BABY CRIB!!
Seriously, the American Association of Pediatrics does not support or endorse the use of bumpers. They can lead to suffocation and an increased risk of SIDS.
All you need is a well fitting crib mattress and appropriate flame retardant sleepers for the baby child, and if absolutely necessary, a blanket tucked under the mattress allowing the bebe's arms to be free is ok.
Beware that most cribs are still sold with bumpers even though bumpers should NOT be used!
This is one good looking crib. Aren't you glad you read my post today?

No comments:
Post a Comment