Not much happening here as of late. Clark hasn't joined the cool kids club and become a part-time nurse like his wife. Part-time work is sweet. I don't feel like I want to shoot myself after my last shift of the week anymore. I even had a patient die on me last week and it didn't ruin my work week (he was on palliative care). Yes, being part-time rules. I don't envy Clark's decision to remain full time. Just last evening he had a confused guy take off his soiled (i.e. poopy) brief and put it IN the tiolet, getting feces all over the inside and outside of the bowl. And guess who had to clean it up? Clark.
In the spirit of being narcissistic, here are some things I totally love lately:
- My freaking awesome, delish stuffed green peppers. Part-time work is allowing me to expand my cooking horizons and become more domesticated. These green peppers, or capsicums as Aussies refer to them, are just about to be sent into the oven.
- Official start of training for either the Baltimore Marathon or the Philadelphia Marathon. I so look forward to using weights again to train when we get back to the states.
- Tim Tams. Ahhh, these cookies are so tasty it isn't even funny.
- Pillow talk with my Clark before bed and when we wake up.
- Standing over our upright heater together to warm ourselves on cold winter days and evenings.
- Doing our 9 minute core/cardio workout together after our runs.
- Watching Band of Brothers or I Love You, Man, almost every day. Seriously, we've been through BoB twice in the past month and I think we watch I Love You, Man once a week at least. They never get old.
- Walks along the Esplanade at Cronulla Beach.
And here's a list of terrible things that be plaguing my life:
- My weird eye condition. In Melbourne a few weeks ago I woke up two days in a row with extremely puffy eyes. In addition, the skin on my upper and lower eyelids was so, so dry. I thought it might just be a bug bite or something at the time. The puffiness went away but now it's back. And it is not cute. I have an appointment with the opthamologist Friday. I don't want to have old lady eyes anymore.
- All the paperwork and documentation necessary for grad school. Seriously, I am this close to backing out due to all the requirements set forth by Penn. And now I have to get two or three extra vaccinations just because clinical sites require them? Screw the clinical sites, I don't want any more vaccinations injected into my body! I think it's a scam for the university health center to make money on all incoming students. No doubt in my mind.
I look forward to a long weekend of filling out paperwork and spending loads of money at the post office to have everything shipped overseas. Dear Penn, I kind of hate you already.
1 comment:
Green peppers look awesome! Sorry about all the paperwork. Can't wait to have you guys closer though :)!
Post a Comment