Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kiwi Holiday

Sadly, we have returned from New Zealand, aka Zion and/or the Promised Land.  To say our adventure was fun would be an understatement.  It was a freakin' ridiculously, fantastic success! That's another understatement, though.  *Sigh* We did not want to leave.  

I don't even know how to begin a post when we have nearly 1100 pictures of awesomeness to sort through.  Everything is so picturesque and enchanting in NZ.  Everywhere you turn is a photo op.  It's exhausting and exhilarating.  

Here are a couple of teasers for y'alls because I have absolutely no energy to post more than a few photos at this time.  Maybe Clark will be the one to complete our Kiwi Holiday post at a later date. 

Castle Hill (I guess part of Lord of the Rings was filmed here.  Maybe I should watch the movies now after travelling to Middle Earth...)

Franz Josef Glacier, before we trekked out to the glacier.

Mitre Peak in the Milford Sound.

Queenstown from above. Sadly, no snow had fallen there and we couldn't go snowboarding.

I miss it already.  We'll post more about this amazing place when we get back from Melbourne in a few days!

4 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Yeah, New Zealand is at the top of my list of dream vacations. Someday...

The Mom Tobler said...

Glad you had a great(understatement)time!
We're excited to see more photos and hear about it. Hope you can be on the Sunday conference call.

Janet said...

WOW what beautiful sites! Keep the pics coming. To answer your question on my blog I have been in FL for 3 weeks, this being the last. It's been fun but missing Chad.

The Sweet Stash said...

wow!! it looks absolutely gorgeous! so glad you guys were able to get away & had a great time :).