I've purchased three new pairs of shoes since December 1st (technically Clark purchased a pair on my behalf). I realize that Christmas is a time to give and not think of oneself. I get that, and I try to play by those rules. However, the said shoes that have been purchased are essential to maintaining my well being and moderately high quality of life. And these dang holiday sales are almost too good to be true. Companies sure know how to advertise, that is for sure. Clark tried to make me feel guilty for indulging in the consumer sport of online shoe shopping. Nevertheless, I am a woman. I need (many) shoes for multiple purposes. That is just the way it goes.
Pair #1: I have been searching...and searching...and searching for the perfect pair of closed-toed oxfords that aren't too masculine looking. I envision myself wearing these shoes in the future, with a baby on my hip, preparing dinner over the stove while simultaneously vacuuming the carpet and dusting family portraits. Whew. Does not sound like simple times in the future. I'll just envision myself donning these shoes to go to the grocery store, church, or something like that. The responsibility of the latter vision doesn't scare me nearly as much. Kudos to mothers past and present who can keep a household fed and intact. Don't know when I'll be up to that challenge.
Oh, so cute!!
Pair #2: I swear by Danskos. They are the only shoes I can wear while working. I love coming home and not having shooting pains up my legs. Totally awesome. Wanna hear the huge plus? They were a steal. And I'm sure they'll last me just as long as my last pair: roughly 3.5 years.
Pair #3: Technically I don't have these boots in my sole possession... yet. They are sitting in a Cabelas box taped thoroughly shut so I cannot open them until Christmas. Unless it snows more than four inches. At that point in time, Clark will begrudgingly allow me to tear open box (he currently refuses to wrap the gift in Christmas wrapping), lace up these boots, and dance around gleefully. Clark, thank you for this Christmas gift. Thank you for purchasing these boots when I told you to and for allowing me to look over your shoulder the whole time to ensure that you purchased the right size. I love you. I am thrilled to almost have a pair of boots that will keep my little toesies warm on a cold winter's day.
Just for the record, I do care about other people and not just myself (Clark, stop making me feel guilty). I am a sucker for good deals and I am super stoked on these shoes. That is all for now.




2 comments:
Ahh I LOVE the boots!!! So cute!! Wish we were staying here so I could buy me a pair :) ... ps we're moving to gilbert area. We leave the end of January but we're not sure exactly where we want to live yet so we're just gonna rent for a little while until we decide. Where were you guys?
We were in the San Tan Ranch area in Gilbert. Cross streets Pecos and Higley. We loved it! Aside from the miserable heat, of course :)
Post a Comment