We have the most friendly, outgoing cat that
patrols our neighborhood. I am very jealous. She is, what her owners call her, the Queen of 6
th Avenue. Yes, she sure is:

Everyone loves her. She comes out from under her gate to greet anyone at any time of the day. She often falls over on her side so that people can pet her belly. She is so sweet and I wish she were ours. Instead we are stuck with this Gretchen Doodle. And though sometimes she'll cuddle and let us hold her, (please don't judge me by this photo. I know that normal people wear sweaters--I wear a robe. My Mother would be happy to know that it is getting a lot of use!)

and sometimes she'll sleep in really cute positions with her front legs drawn in and her right foot crossed over her left,

she's still skittish and hides whenever company's over. But when I look at the above picture I can't help but love her. She's getting so fat and round and I've always wanted an overweight cat. We (I) chose her and now we're stuck with her. Is that how parents sometimes feel about their children I wonder??
On a side note: more beautiful tulips! Is it bad to covet your neighbor's flowers? I so want to uproot these and plant them by our mailboxes. Spring can stay forever, the temperature has been perfect. In fact, 80 degrees was a bit too warm on my run today...

(Right now I am enjoying this nice Italian soda whilst I finish this blog. YUM. )

I hope everyone has an enjoyable rest of the week. Our work week starts tomorrow and we can readily admit we are not looking forward to it.
***And a big shout out to Ashley and Cameron Treu. Thank you guys so much for having us over for the bbq! Such good food and good company. It was so nice to see Brian and his wife Carly, and meet all the little ones. We've got to do it again! Orange chicken extravaganza, here we come!
1 comment:
of course I don't mind that you found my blog! And you are too kind. I'm sorry your hair experience wasn't great -- but I am loving the blond on you! It sounds like you are enjoying Utah. What fun adventures you guys are having! I'm hooked to your blog now!
Post a Comment