Thursday, March 12, 2009

Monument Valley & the Grand Canyon- Anniversary Trip

I Can't believe it, we actually remembered our camera. I must say, our anniversary is very well documented. We decided to head up North to Monument Valley and then hit up the Grand Canyon on our way back to PHX. Here are several photos from our 1st anniversary adventure!

We saw this monster on our way out of town. Can we say small penis? (Crude I know. But it's true.)



The View Hotel directly facing The Mittens and all of Monument Valley.


We're so in love! Posing with The Mittens.


Clarkman


Just a pretty photo


Looks like an add for a Nissan commercial, don't you think?


Thoughtfully gazing


Hi Clark! Driving through the Monument.


The Totem Pole


We basically have professional photography skills



We thought this dog was dead...until it woke up when we took the picture.



Absolutely awesome, unobstructed view of The Mittens from our hotel balcony


View from the restaurant


It snowed Monday night, and this is what we woke up to when we stepped out on the balcony the next morning!


The Grand Canyon! Clark is meditating hardcore...


Oh my gosh, Clark, don't let go!


Oh my gosh, somehow I managed to get myself into the same predicament!


Clark doing his infamous pose


Nice framing with the tree, babe!


Yep, we sure did have a good time seeing awesome sights! It was a great anniversary trip!

8 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...

Sounds like it was a great trip! Very scenic...great photos! We were getting a little worried that maybe you fell in the Grand Canyon and no one was reporting you missing. That's our parental responsibility...to worry! So it's good to see you made it back to your computer safely.

Janet said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Love the pictures, I had a good laugh :)!!! They look very professional to me.

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

Rach, I love the pics! Very nice! Also, you guys look really cute:). I'm so happy you're so happy! Finally, the comment about those monster trucks...I think (although I don't know for a fact) what you said is true every time!

Kelsey said...

Beautiful views! Looks like it was a perfect 1st Anniversary.

The Carnahan Family said...

Love the truck....and i think he may have an inverted you know what. Happy Anniversary!!!

The Boones said...

Awesome!!! =) How fun! looks like you guys had an awesome time!!! =) The photos are beautiful!!! =) SUch fun!

Anonymous said...

sweet fun. I think for our first we ....well I guess it wasn't all that great 'cause I can't even remember. But then again you can't take much of a first with one in school and the other working a part-time job. The scenery is so beautiful.

Clark Family said...

love your blog Rachel!