Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Awesome Recipe

I just have to post this since I forgot to give the recipe to Mom Tobler while she was here visiting over Thanksgiving. So, I thought I would share it with ALL of you! It is such a tasty and delicious treat. My Mom always makes it for Thanksgiving and Christmas, hence the name of the recipe:

Mom's Thanksgiving Green Jello

ingredients:
1 15 oz can pears
1 small box lime jello
8 oz cream cheese- softened to room temp
cool whip

Heat the drained pear juice over low heat and dissolve the lime jello into it. Set pears aside to mash. Remove pear juice and jello from heat and add cream cheese beating it with an electric mixer (be careful of splattering). Let it cool. When the mixture has cooled down, fold in the cool whip and mashed pears. Chill to set.

Prep time: 10 min Serves 6 people

(Be sure to use the whole container of cool whip)

You should all try this. It is sooooo unbelievably easy! Enjoy!

4 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...

Thanks!!!

Amy Tobler said...

That is a very Mormon recipe!! Do you eat it as a salad or a dessert? I suppose it depends on what part of the country you're in!! (We're always having that debate down here...)

Perhaps you'll have to make this for Tobler Christmas 2008! Yum!

Rach and Clark said...

it IS very Mormon, huh!? I secretly think my Mom got it from a Mormon years ago...but just won't admit it;) but yes, I will have to make it in WA! I always eat it with dinner. I can never wait to eat it as dessert.

Janet said...

Looking forward to it.