Penn's Time to Shine campaign has been extraordinarily successful, bringing in over $4 billion to improve campus buildings and facilities, and aid grad/undergrad students in their educational pursuits (though I'm pretty sure I didn't reap any of those benefits, DANG IT). This campaign also recently held a concert on behalf of it's success, probably because it raised too much money and the leadership thought welp, we should probably do something nice for the Penn community with some of the excess funds. So you know, Train and John Legend came and played at Penn Park. It was pretty awesome. I was stoked on the free food. The barely 21 year-olds were stoked on all you could drink free alcohol. Honestly, shouldn't the university have some sort of system intact to ensure that these youngsters only get a couple of drinks at school sanctioned functions? Cause let's be honest, barely 21 year-olds are obnoxious drunks.
I don't regularly check my school email anymore, but we have friends currently enrolled at Penn and they alerted us to this event. In fact, they registered us for the event so we wouldn't miss out. Clark had to work, because when does he not have to work when something exciting is going on? But I tagged along with our friends to see these artists. Even if one doesn't like Train or John Legend, it is always cool to see live shows. And as our friend Jeff said, who doesn't like Train?
Thank you, Amber and Jeff Jack, for helping us not to miss out on this exciting event!

No comments:
Post a Comment