Clark and I don't typically set New Year resolutions. We don't feel it's necessary to wait until the start of a new year to make changes. Why delay something that you are actually motivated to change? We do, however, believe in setting goals and are constantly adding to our ever-growing bucket lists.
Nevertheless, we've made a resolution exception this year. Mostly because our ideas happened to coincide with the start of a new year.
I shall consistently work on skin moisturization. And moisturization isn't even a word. Making up my own rules and words as I go along. My skin will thank me, I'm sure of it.
Clark just said he can't remember what he intended to work on. Ehhhhhh, it'll come to him at some point.
We are also going to run a marathon. Together. And cross the finish line holding hands. This is more a goal than a resolution, but now that it's been posted on the blog there is no turning back. I'm excited to give the marathon another go, since this time I won't even attempt a competitive time and just run along side my husband to ensure that he finishes. He'll probably be just find though, and I'll be the one struggling to finish.
Other goals:
Pass my boards
Find a job I actually enjoy
Find a job Clark enjoys
Get Clark into grad school (I guess there isn't a lot I can do other than encourage, proofread and pray)
Get back to the gym regularly and regain my back strength so I can once again do 4 real pull ups in a row
Go on an awesome vacation that totally blows our minds (checkitty check check. Southeast Asia, we're gunning for you soon! As a spousal unit we have decided that every year we have to plan an incredible vacation that centers on what we want to see and do--whether it be domestic or international--separate from family visits. Yes, this is a spendy goal. But it's our mutual priority and that's how we want to spend our monies.)
Be more charitable. We've got ideas, now we just need to put them into action!
Spend more time with family (pending time off, schedules, etc)
Ok 2013, let's do this.
Nevertheless, we've made a resolution exception this year. Mostly because our ideas happened to coincide with the start of a new year.
I shall consistently work on skin moisturization. And moisturization isn't even a word. Making up my own rules and words as I go along. My skin will thank me, I'm sure of it.
Clark just said he can't remember what he intended to work on. Ehhhhhh, it'll come to him at some point.
We are also going to run a marathon. Together. And cross the finish line holding hands. This is more a goal than a resolution, but now that it's been posted on the blog there is no turning back. I'm excited to give the marathon another go, since this time I won't even attempt a competitive time and just run along side my husband to ensure that he finishes. He'll probably be just find though, and I'll be the one struggling to finish.
Other goals:
Pass my boards
Find a job I actually enjoy
Find a job Clark enjoys
Get Clark into grad school (I guess there isn't a lot I can do other than encourage, proofread and pray)
Get back to the gym regularly and regain my back strength so I can once again do 4 real pull ups in a row
Go on an awesome vacation that totally blows our minds (checkitty check check. Southeast Asia, we're gunning for you soon! As a spousal unit we have decided that every year we have to plan an incredible vacation that centers on what we want to see and do--whether it be domestic or international--separate from family visits. Yes, this is a spendy goal. But it's our mutual priority and that's how we want to spend our monies.)
Be more charitable. We've got ideas, now we just need to put them into action!
Spend more time with family (pending time off, schedules, etc)
Ok 2013, let's do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment