Wow, it's been nearly a month since my last post!!!??!?!
So much has happened in the past month. Gosh, where do I even begin?
I guess I'll start off by exclaiming that I'm officially done with my master's degree! I just submitted my final paper of graduate school this afternoon, and I am so excited to begin my new life as a stay at home wife for the next few months while I look for employment. Ahhhh, it just feels so good to be done. This program has been nothing short of challenging but I feel prepared (as much as I can be as a new grad) for what the future holds for me as a nurse practitioner.
Unfortunately, I don't graduate until May. Apparently Penn invests so much money on it's graduation ceremony each spring that the school can only really afford one graduation a year. Or at least that's how our course directer explained it to us. Right before she started crying and told us how proud she was of us and that we all better come back for graduation...so, I think I'll have to attend graduation. I was so touched by her heartfelt words and all the support she (and the other faculty) provided us with throughout the program.
I must thank Clark for his unconditional support while I completed this program. There is NO WAY I could have finished this program if I had to work and go to school full-time. He cooked countless meals, provided financial support so that we could live comfortably and listened patiently when I'd have a breakdown every other week. Today when I told him I just submitted my last paper, his response was: many tears, frustrations, and bad words later, you are done!!! Ahhh, the things this man has to put up with. Thank you Clark for working at a job you hate to provide for us. I love you so much and think you are the best. You are forever my favorite.
Welp, I guess it's time to start celebrating!
(I'll post more on recent events later, don't you worry!)
7 comments:
Yay Yay Yay, that is so awesome! So excited for you.
Congrats again Rachel!!!
Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment. It really does help to have a supportive spouse when you're in school. People thought we were so young when we got married (we were) and we had so much school left, but I know we did better because we had each other. Anyways, So happy for you!
Thank you guys so much! I'm not announcing this to boast or brag. It's just been a massive part of my life for the past 16 months so I thought I would share...and give Mr. Clark a special shout out since I could not have done this without him.
So proud of you!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so incredibly proud of you! What an accomplishment! And like you said, kudos to Clark for being such a good sport and a supporting spouse! :-)
Well done Rachel, it will all be worth it! Dad Tobler
Post a Comment