Saturday, June 2, 2012

Petticoat Experiment: complete!


The breakdown of the Petticoat Experiment:
# of days a skirt/dress worn: 29
# of days nice pants (i.e. NOT jeans) worn: 2
# of habits almost formed: 1
# of times my skirt almost flew over my face while riding a bike to/from school: 6

Justification for wearing pants: I'm doing my women's health rotation at a community clinic which serves a lot of women with STDs and HIV.  Let's just say I feel more comfortable having my legs completely covered on days that I know I'm going to be exposed to vagina juices. The speculum has dripped on my pants once already....ewwww.
 Yes, I said vagina on the blog.  If you are female, then you have one, so don't be so shocked.  And if you're male, you most likely love someone with a vagina, so you shouldn't be shocked either.
ANYWAY
I consider this experiment a success, and I don't think I'm going to stop wearing dresses and skirts on a daily basis.  I've almost formed a habit of leaving the house looking semi-nice, so I want to keep it up.  I do love my jeans, but I'll try to keep those stored away until fall.


4 comments:

Tara said...

I LOVED this post! Hilarious, I actually laughed out loud. Also I was really wondering how the experiment went and should probably do it myself too.

The Carnahan Family said...

Very entertaining and I hope you always feel beautiful when you leave home! You are!

Janet said...

Yeah! Congrats Rachel, you look fabulous all the time. You are a role model for all of us!!

Rach and Clark said...

Awwww, thanks ladies! You are way too nice :) It was a fun experiment.