Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Random notes you really shouldn't bother reading


  • Clark and I feel like such lame Americans for not barbecuing on the socially appointed bbq days of the year: Memorial Day and Labor Day. Dang it. We didn't entirely miss our bbq window of opportunity (we used our mini Weber twice this summer) but now the coolness of fall is settling in and Clark may not want to tend to the grill for an hour outside when it is 30 degrees. I can't blame him.
  • I am totally looking forward to getting my hair did this Saturday. Man, blonde hair on a natural brunette requires a lot of maintenance! I told Clark I may have to become a brunette in early 2011. I thought I could hold out and stay blonde until my hair grew way long, but it is too much work and too expensive. In the mean time I am going to slowly incorporate dark brown back into my hair palate. Take these photos of Kat von D for example:



So imagine this coloring a bit differently. Where her black hair is, my blonde is. Where her blonde streaks are, I want to have brown streaks. Not sure which photo I want to work with yet but I hope it turns out.
  • Just watched The Blindside last night. What an amazing story. And the fact that Michael Oher played for Ole Miss is totally awesome, too. I guess I'm still a Rebel at heart. Looks like I missed watching him play at the Vaught-Hemingway stadium by about a year. Nonetheless, transferring to ASU was still the right decision. But SEC football...nothing beats SEC football.
  • Clark's band BJ has two shows coming up. This Saturday at Club Vegas and next Saturday at the Ogden Ampitheater. Can't wait!
  • Contacted a couple of my previous instructors from ASU asking if they could provide reference letters on my behalf for grad school. Whew. I think that might have been the hardest part of the whole application; the thing I was dreading most.
  • Junking out feels good. Just went through my closet and drawers and made progress. Or did I just make room for new items?
  • I've got to admit, I am readily looking forward to fall. I am excited to be in a place where leaves actually change colors!
I think that's all for now. Maybe I'm just bored because Clark is taking a 10:30 pm nap and I can't watch our next netflix flick without him. Have a good week, ya'll.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Where are you guys moving too? What are you getting your degree in? I feel like I am missing something? :)

Janet said...

We just watched the Blindside too we really enjoyed it!

Rach and Clark said...

well, we're not moving yet...I am going to go back to school for my nurse practitioner. no worries, you aren't missing anything, Catherine. I am pretty vague... :)

Dagmara Ellison said...

I watched "The Blindside" a while back and I absolutely loved it. Scott liked it but wasn't too impressed...I thought it was a pretty amazing story. And I love Sandra Bullock! Rach, good luck with your hair plans! I hope it turns out well. I am always totally freaked out before my hair appointments. I just had my hair done 2 weeks ago and even though I stressed to the lady I wanted blond highlights, not orange/dirty yellow highlights, they turned out just like that. So, I am giving the hair a little time to recover and then I am doing the highlights again...Ugh...it's so hard over here...Can't wait for fall and cooler weather either! We've had enough sweats for this year:-) This past weekend I was already able to burn my fall Colonial/Yankee candles:-) I am getting into the Holiday season mood already:-) Can you believe they are already selling X-mas wrapping paper in the BX?!?!