Sunday, September 5, 2010

Loooong drive and a trip to Pasco

Despite a heated dispute between myself and a member of my immediate family(clue: not Clark, my Dad, or Sister), trembling, shaking, crying and breaking a necklace against a wall...I would say my trip home was pretty dang good. It's hard to see my nieces and nephews grow up through pictures; each time I see them they look so different! Little kids are so much fun and I'm thankful that at the end of the day I don't have to bathe, change, feed and tuck one in! Raising kids truly is a full time job. It is something that I aspire to do but am not equipped to do just yet...

So here is the proof that I made the 9.5 drive there and back. Katie called me "picture happy." But I was just doing my job. I told her she had a personal amateur photographer for four days. It was hard to sort out the nearly 500 pictures I took but here are a few:

I arrived in Pasco the night before my beautiful friend Courtney had to fly back to her hubby and new teaching job in Spain.

That is one extra large swing set. Katie and the kids playin'.
Katie and Teya swinging.
Graceful Chase.
Cole woke up from a nap and got a treat. What a cutie.
Admiring the fish.
Tough as nails.
Second day on the bike, what a natural.
Beautiful sky the night my Dad went up flying solo.
Mom finding goods at a yard sale. Me? Well, Mom kindly bought me a huge container of Dove hair conditioner for a buck. Good score, me thinks.
The county fair is smaller than I last remember...
Taking a break from the "bunny barn" and walking.
Admiring.

The "bunny barn!"
What Cole ate the day of the fair: a couple of baby carrots, part of an elephant ear, fig newtons, cotton candy (as evidenced by the big glob hanging from his mouth) and a DQ ice cream cone. I had to make fun of Katie for his "healthy" diet.
Sweet Taya.
A fist will work just as good as a pacifier.
Mommy and baby girl.
So sweet.
Teya and Grandma.
Nice camera showdown. Dad wins?
Chase's first day of kindergarten!
Cole has the cutest running form.
Rolls and cute socks.
Ty reading to the boys. Is that a book or a motorcycle magazine?
Dad repairing the ultralight after we "crash landed" in a random alfalfa field. No worries, no one died and Dad was completely composed under pressure.
Sisters :)
So glad I had the opportunity to come visit! It was a long drive there and an even longer drive back, but it was worth it!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Ah I miss Pasco!! And the farms! And the fair! :( I'm going in October, can't wait!! :)

The Mom Tobler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dagmara Ellison said...

I am sorry to hear about the dispute...It looks like you still had fun though...Gosh, the kids are growing so fast...Can't wait to see you guys in Feb/Mar and then rest of the family in April! It seems like we are missing out on so much! Teya, Cole and Chase are the cutest kids ever! Hmmm...I bet ya Scott would give anything for a piece of the elephant ear right now...hehehe...