A few weeks ago Clark and I decided to go for a nice, leisurely four mile Sunday afternoon hike. The trail-head to lakes Mary, Martha and Catherine was situated at the back of the Brighton Ski Resort parking lot. The hike started off quite nice. The weather was perfect, sunny with a brisk mountain breeze. When we stopped at the first lake, Lake Mary, we noticed that mosquito bites were starting to pop up on our arms. Not wanting to turn back before reaching the other two destinations, we kept trekking along the trail, acquiring more and more mosquito bites. By the time we reached Lake Catherine, the third lake, we barely had time to snap one photo before turning around and bolting back down the trail. The mosquitoes were horrendous. Clark went to work two days later and coworkers kept asking if he had been camping recently because there were red welts all over his arms. I must have looked like a crazy lady stomping down the the trail flailing my arms all around my head and body to ward off the assailing mosquitoes.
But the scenery was beautiful.
Clark was not enthused when I asked him to pose for the camera. Perhaps because the trail was a pretty steep ascent and we ended up gaining over 1,000ft in elevation.
Lake Mary
And you can't even swim here. What a waste.
Lake Martha
...And Lake Catherine. We didn't even try to find good lighting for a picture. We saw it, snapped a picture where we stood, and fled.
I can't wait to explore more of the surrounding mountains. Next time we'll be armed with bug spray!
1 comment:
I HATE MOSQUITOES!!!! The scenery is beautiful though...
Post a Comment