Monday, April 20, 2009

We're Hangin In There

Uggghhh...it is currently 97 degrees outside! Tomorrow it is supposed to reach the triple digits. I don't know how I'm going to handle running and training in this weather. I don't know how I did it last summer. All I know is I now have to go running when the sun is just about to set or I feel like I'm going to die. Clark hates that I run at night time but I have only one other option, and it's an option I hate to even consider: running on a treadmill day in and day out. The only days I run on a treadmill are the days I go into work. And I only do this because I don't want to pass out running under the relentless sun and heat at 4:00 in the afternoon. But treadmill running for 1+ hours is not my cup of tea. I would much rather be out in the elements when the sun is down...

oh the joy of AZ spring and summer weather.

In other news, Clark is just weeks away from graduation!! Still hunting for a local job in the PHX valley, we're praying something comes along by summertime. The economy has affected the healthcare industry for new graduate nurses HARDCORE. But that won't effect us celebrating Clark's achievement; here we come Six Flags! FINALLY!

We bought the most awesome bookcase off of Craigslist. Seriously, so stoked. That is why I am blogging about it- it is just that cool. The people wanted $100 but we got it for $60 and they were sweet enough to include delivery! Here is a photo of our great find:

Nice, right!? It has the vintage look I adore and specialty furniture stores around here sell similar bookcases for $400+. So, I do feel good about this purchase.

Over Easter weekend, Clark went up to SLC to celebrate a wedding that got postponed until August. He had a really great time seeing his parents, brothers, relatives and old friends. I was a little disappointed when he returned home, he had taken only 5 pictures the entire weekend and none of them were of family!! Here's a picture of his blood blistered thumb after jamming with his old mission companion Thomas Miller:


As you can see, Clark was playing so hard that he literally developed a blood blister over his entire thumb. The other pictures he took were of his thumb as well. Close ups. I guess he was thoroughly impressed. I was hoping for some pictures of our beautiful niece Violet, but NADA.

We just turned our A/C on for the first time since October. I was hoping to make it through April before we had to turn it on.

I just received my updated passport in the mail today! So we are all set to go for the Tobler family cruise in August! Can't wait! I already bought a pretty dress for one of the "formal" nights-- that is how much I am looking forward to the cruise! It is a sexy red little number, you can look at it here it you want.

We've been working really, REALLY hard on our backyard and we even planted a little garden! We will post pictures a little later when things are looking more presentable :)

Well I hope that you all are doing well and not suffering from the heat as we are. Just make sure to drink plenty of water this time of the year!

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

That is a really cute book shelf! Great deal! Free delivery is always great too! Your dress is really cute and you'll look great in that color. Have fun at Six Flags in a few weeks- it'll be a blast!

The Mom Tobler said...

Love the book shelf!!! Great find. Gorgeous dress and you'll look make it look even better. Clark and his thumb...the price for too much fun or a badge of craziness? Love your post. I'll post SLC pictures today.

Matthias said...

We're not too far behind you temperature-wise. The book case looks great! It's always great getting a good deal. I love that dress too! You guys have a lot of fun things coming up.

Amy S said...

The book shelf is super cute. That was an awesome find! Love the dress too

Lesley said...

I love that bookshelf! Gotta love Craigslist for sure! Hope Clark's little finger injury is healing. Oh, and I looked at your dress...VERY CUTE!!!

nataley said...

That dress is darling! And the bookshelf is so cute- love a good deal!

Janet said...

Love the book shelf!! I love Craig list too!! We sold our TV and black stand from the red room and chad bought a tandem bike off of there! I love your dress too, you are going to look hot!! :)

The Boones said...

That is a great bookself! What an awesome find! =)
How fun! You'll love the cruise! =) That's so exciting! =)
Yay! congrats Clark!!! =) We'll keep praying. It is definitely hard times finding jobs right now. =(
Sounds like great things are happening!