I'm so glad to be rid of the terrible cold I had for about a month. New Year's Eve was not so fun. I was quarantined to the house because my cold was so bad. We tried to stay up and watch The Godfather III but I couldn't even make it through the movie (granted, it is a long movie). I also had to call in sick to work several days in a row and I had to miss my friend's wedding and the first dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Somehow Clark avoided getting sick at all. Lucky guy.
JANUARY ACCOMPLISHMENT LIST:
1. Clark has worked super hard on the backyard, clearing out rocks and transporting them to the front yard ....
I tried to help, really I did. But even Clark said that it's a "man's job."
2. I ran my first marathon and finished (whew!). I was 16 minutes off my goal time but I had no idea I would have to go to the bathroom so many times. After stop #2 (mile 15) my groins cramped up like crazy and somewhere between mile 19-20 I actually had to stop and stretch. And then find alleys two more times for you-know-what. Uggghhhh, it just stinks to finish and not feel tired. Just cramped up. Even though I qualified for Boston, I think that would be too soon for another marathon. I need to run a couple of half marathons to get my confidence back up.
here is a link to pictures that I wish I could buy but just can't afford. Or rather, I don't want to afford. This photography company must make a killing.
http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=44488&BIB=2120&S=230&PWD=
3. I finished the four books in the Twilight Series. I'm sad to be done, but glad I'm not obsessing about it anymore. Man that fictional Edward is SO stinking hot! Kind of makes me wish vampires were real...

4. Finally, I picked out various samples of colors to paint our kitchen and living room. Clark said we can only paint after he finishes the busiest part of his semester, which is the first 5 weeks. So, after spring break we can FINALLY splash some stinking color on the walls!

5. We finally made it out to the San Tan Mountains with Mom and Dad Tobler the day after the marathon. I have been wanting to go hiking out there for some time. The hiking trails don't quite compare to Mt. Charleston though.
6. I bought a bunch of picture frames for our bare walls...believe it or not, the best deals I could find were at Ross. I checked out Michaels, Target and Wal-Mart as well. Michaels sends out those 40% off coupons each week, but even those won't bring the prices of frames down to the price you can get them at Ross. Of course, Ross doesn't have a consistent supply so you never know what you're going to find...but here's what I found:
(Actually, the smaller 4x6 frames on the left side of the picture I did get at Michaels. But the three multi-picture frames were from Ross.)
7. I started to learn to play drums! Clark is teaching me the basics and hopefully we'll find a good deal on craigslist so we can get another drum set. Since I'm lefthanded we need another one so we can set it up differently.
Clark is extremely good at drums. It is so sexy to watch him play. Maybe I shouldn't type that, but hey, it's the truth.
Hope this post finds everyone happy and healthy. I am so thankful to finally be healthy again. My cold lasted long enough that I shouldn't get sick for another 3 years.
4 comments:
You can say that you're hubby is sexy! Congrats on finishing the marathon! Have fun painting when you can.
Hey this is the "Joe May Family." We sent another invitation to a tomatokid email...is that the right one? Joey tried calling Clark, so if it didn't work, have him call back. Oh, and this is Joe's wife, Kim...I have to admit I enjoy reading your blog, and it's nice to know that you look at ours too :)
Its fun to see all the things you have been up to this month. Good job on the marathon. I loved looking at the pictures. I always wished I enjoyed running. I think I am going to try to run a 5K... you gotta start somewhere right?
congrats for finishing your first marathon!! that must be such an amazing feeling. you're one of the most disciplined people i know.
Post a Comment