I have created this post because I noticed that family members were using blogs as outlets for promoting their personal political persuasions...so I felt the need to respond.
First of all, I am not excited about either Presidential candidate, which is very frustrating because it creates the enormous dilemma of deciding who to vote for. I have found myself during this election agreeing completely with a statement made by former Governor, Navy Seal, and Vietnam Veteran, Jesse Ventura. Jesse Ventura has suggested numerous times that all local, state, and national ballets should have a "None-of-the-above" option so voters can indicate that they are willing to participate in the voting process, but are lacking options (People can hear more from Jesse Ventura at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks14Kshyw5Q&feature=related ). I am also fed up if the talking point of "Who does the World want the Next American President to BE??" I don't care who Venezuela, France, Iran, China, Cambodia, Sweden, Canada, etc. thinks the next US President should be! If these countries Love and Support a particular candidate so much, then why dosen't that canidate move and become presiedent of one of those countries. We are voting for the President of the US not Europe, Iran, Central America, Asia, etc.
Second, Gerald Celentes economic strategist and publisher of the economic trend journal (here is the link to Mr. Celentes website http://www.trendsresearch.com/ ) has stated that regardless of who Americans vote for on November 4, 2008, the upcoming winter is going to be one of the worst winters since the Great Depression. Mr. Celentes said in a interview I was listening to that Americans are completely unprepared for the soon to come economic struggle and that Americans are going to be unable to heat their homes this winter! So regardless of what great and marvelous promises the presidential hopefuls give, America has some very rough days ahead.
In conclusion, I feel that both Obama and McCain represent larger Government and both represent the same strangle hold of repetitive ideals the Republican and Democrat parties have always represented. So without a "None-of-the-above" option on the November 2008 Presidential ballot, I have been forced to pick between two people that I don't agree with. Ultimately, I have decided to give my (reluctant) support to John McCain because as a Navy Seal he spent almost five years in a North Veitnam POW camp. John McCain was willing to die for his country.
First of all, I am not excited about either Presidential candidate, which is very frustrating because it creates the enormous dilemma of deciding who to vote for. I have found myself during this election agreeing completely with a statement made by former Governor, Navy Seal, and Vietnam Veteran, Jesse Ventura. Jesse Ventura has suggested numerous times that all local, state, and national ballets should have a "None-of-the-above" option so voters can indicate that they are willing to participate in the voting process, but are lacking options (People can hear more from Jesse Ventura at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks14Kshyw5Q&feature=related ). I am also fed up if the talking point of "Who does the World want the Next American President to BE??" I don't care who Venezuela, France, Iran, China, Cambodia, Sweden, Canada, etc. thinks the next US President should be! If these countries Love and Support a particular candidate so much, then why dosen't that canidate move and become presiedent of one of those countries. We are voting for the President of the US not Europe, Iran, Central America, Asia, etc.
Second, Gerald Celentes economic strategist and publisher of the economic trend journal (here is the link to Mr. Celentes website http://www.trendsresearch.com/ ) has stated that regardless of who Americans vote for on November 4, 2008, the upcoming winter is going to be one of the worst winters since the Great Depression. Mr. Celentes said in a interview I was listening to that Americans are completely unprepared for the soon to come economic struggle and that Americans are going to be unable to heat their homes this winter! So regardless of what great and marvelous promises the presidential hopefuls give, America has some very rough days ahead.
In conclusion, I feel that both Obama and McCain represent larger Government and both represent the same strangle hold of repetitive ideals the Republican and Democrat parties have always represented. So without a "None-of-the-above" option on the November 2008 Presidential ballot, I have been forced to pick between two people that I don't agree with. Ultimately, I have decided to give my (reluctant) support to John McCain because as a Navy Seal he spent almost five years in a North Veitnam POW camp. John McCain was willing to die for his country.

6 comments:
I loved this post, mostly because I agree with almost everything you said! I support McCain too, not because he's necessarily the best choice, but I believe he truly loves his country. And yeah, who cares who the other countries want. I read an article in Reader's Digest about it, and they pointed out that Americans have very different ideals than the rest of the world. I'm almost scared to see the outcome of this election, but SO ready to have the political ads off the tv and radio.
Amen!
Happy Birthday, Clark! Geez, you're gettin old :)
Happy Birthday, Clark! Geez, you're gettin old :)
I agree about not caring what other countries think. To the contrary - We should be suspicious anytime France prefers a certain candidate! Ha.
PS - Love your blog tagline. It made me laugh. Out loud;).
Post a Comment